Monday 28 April 2014

The Shabby tea room

Anyone for tic tac toe?
TSTR_216
Thats the challenge chosen by me over at the shabby tea room this week
select 3 squares in a row to use on your creation either diagonal, vertical or horizontal. (May use more than one row of three, but has to be a complete row.  Example: if I use pennants, fabric and buttons it is 1 row.  If I then want to use gingham also, to complete that row I must also use pearls.)
Easy peasy challenge i think Winking smile
Our sponser this week is Digital papers by janet  I love creating with janets  files. I had sooo many ideas running through my head for this one. Anyway in the end i deciced to settle on the idea of banners and pennants.
So i knew that this file from janet would be perfect.
il_570xN_326616459
The files come as above onto an a4 sheet so no re sizing etc was needed, just had to print and go. I wanted to do something a bit different this challenge so decided to use fabric and create a shabby chic banner. I printed the sheets of banner images directly onto transfer paper. I then ironed the images onto fabric and them cut each pennant out.

My initial idea was to decorate each pennant but after i had each one cut and then stitched onto ribbon, once i added the bows in between it just looked so pretty as it was. So apart from adding a button to the bottom of each pennant it was good to go. There are 9 pennents to my banner altogether, it is going to be going into the Chloe monsters bedroom. I used a creamy beige fabric rather than white for a more shabby chic look.

I really love the idea of these for printing onto the tranfer paper. Im thinking of creating another one but with added letters to spell chloes name. How fab would these be for christmas done in a christmas theme Smile

From the tic tac toe pic i have used pennants/fabric/buttons and fabric/ribbons/flowers
This was relatively quick and simple to do and i just love the finished banner. So just remember folks digital files dont just have to be used for paper and card Smile
Why not  pop over to the shabby tea room and have a look at what the other dt girlies have created for your inspiration.
TFL
Shaz xxx

2 comments:

Bettythebaglady said...

Shaz this is beautiful. Noticed what looks like a printer in the background. Is it what you used for the pennants. Could do with a new one myself and wondered if yours is still current and if so what is it and do you recommend it?
Hugs Betty

Debbie said...

OMG ... this banner is BEYOND AMAZING!!! Gorgeous :)