Thursday 29 September 2011

Pretty frames…..

That’s what i’ve been creating. Way back last year when i was visiting me sister i bought some wooden letters that were being sold off for about 49p each.They didn’t have enough different letters for me to be able to spell out words (I did get a few C’s though…lol ) but what i did get was O’s, i figured that they would be good for frames one day lol, so i bough some big O’s and some little O’s Smile

Well i decided to fetch a cpl of me O’s out to play Smile

The challenge over at the LILI OF THE VALLEY CHALLENGE BLOG is ‘BUTTON IT’ (Iam forver saying that to th lil Chloe monster, by that girl can talk and talk and talk…lol) However the challenge is absolutely nothing to with talking, lol it’s to do with ‘BUTTONS’ (as if ya didn’t already know eh…heh)

I painted the O with pink acrylic paint. I then gave it a coat of tim holtz crackle glaze stuff .I then rubbed over with some TH distress ink , vintage photo i think.

I used MILLY JUST FOR YOU STAMP, isn’t she cute. There is me 1 little pink button…lol (I was gonna add more but it just didn’t look right)

Everything on this got a bit of the old sparkly treatment…lol(When i say a bit, i actually mean a LOT…haha) I LOVE me sparkled up lil birdie SmileTo finish this off like a ‘Proper’ frame, it has acetate inside the window and the back is covered with chipboard with a little picture hook added. I had so much fun doing this one that i decided to do another one, only this time a lot simpler.

This one will hang on me wall at Christmas , in the newly acquired hallway Smile(posh word for bottom of stairs) hehe

The rub on on Melissa frances

I used the O CHRISTMAS TREE STAMP

I coloured the image (both of them) with prisma pencils. Ya know i have bought(and spent A LOT) on a host of all different colouring mediums, yet i don’t know why but i just keep going back to me good old prisma pencils! I had these in the first place, so i could have saved myself a fortune eh…LOL

After i took the pic i decided to give it a spritz with some sparkly varnish spray stuff…lol So now it twinkles Smile (I lOVE the old sparkly and twinkly, especially at Christmas Smile) I soooo hope all the building work/ new kitchen AND decorating is finished by Christmas, so as i can decorate it all up twinkly and sparkly Smile.

TFL

Shaz xxx

5 comments:

Anne said...

Love these Shaz, fabUUUlous!!
Anne x

irinka said...

Very beautiful work

Mandy said...

Wow Shaz these look absolutely gorgeous. What a great idea to use the wooden letters...brilliant!

xx

Jo said...

Hiya,
Boy, am i happy to have found your blog! I'm still new to blogging and have ended up in some fab places lol . The letter picture frames look gorgeous and the idea for bath salts and the packaging for them are perfect. Call by if you have time,
Jo x
http://mycraftingcorner-jo.blogspot.com/

Zoe said...

These are amazing Shaz and I love the little story on how they came to be!!! Will def be following in the future, hugs Zoe x