Wednesday 26 January 2011

CITY CRAFTER

This week the challenge over at  The City Crafter Challenge Blog is Sew Fun :)….Yep it’s sewing! Well today i went to create something (haven’t made anything since last week…been too cold in there)…and there on me desk were me fabric stamped flowers still sitting there from last week. So i set about moving them etc, when it dawned on me that i haven’t created anything with fabric for….like ….ages!!! and i do so like me fabric :) It will soon me time to pull out the big sewing machine and knock Chloe up a few outfits for the summer :) So today instead of going with paper i decided to go with fabric…well the challenge is sewing after all isn’t it? hehe Last week when i was sorting through some fabric to stamp the flowers onto, there was still a very small piece of white fabric left at the side of me desk, so i got to thinking what i could do with it. Last week i got Chloe some fab new storage units for her bedroom (I would soooo love them myself) and i got her a new ‘big girls’ bed, so we said goodbe to her disney princess toddler bed. I then had to get a new duvet and cover, i got her a very pretty patchwork effect quilt with some flowers on to…very girly :) Her old one was peppa pig! Her bedroom is now looking more like a little girls bedroom as apposed to a toddlers bedroom. Although at the mo we still have peppa pig curtains and lamp shade. I think some pink polka dot curtains would be fab :) She is very much a girly girl and she loves dressing up and loves pretty things. she also loves her new ‘big girls’ bedroom. So i thought i would try and make a pretty little something for her bedroom. There wasn’t much white fabric left, maybe a piece 10” x 5”. so not a lot to work with. So i ended up deciding to make …this..

..A dinky little cushion for her bedroom

The crochet trim and flower were also made by myself. I even found some of me felt flowers that i cut by hand a cpl of years ago…sadly i just can’t seem to find me bag of felt :(

Chloe loved it and wanted to place it in her bedroom herself, after she had placed it in there she shouted me to look.It now has pride of place on top of the unit by the side of her bed , directly in front of her ‘treasure box’ :)

Looking at the pics now i think i may just add on a heart charm or something, and even stitch on her name!…or i could just make some more…lol She now says she wants some big ones for her bed that she can lay on !! What have i let myself in for…lol Sorry for the long post.

TFL

Shaz xxx

9 comments:

Daisychain said...

I'm not suprised she wants some big ones too as this is so sweet and gorgeous. Can I have some too? Hugs Christine x

Mandy said...

This is so lovely Shaz, I really like how you've added the crochet trim. It makes me want to reach for my bag of crochet hooks!! Gorgeous project...no wonder Chloe loves it and wants more, I would too !!

take care,
Mandy
x

mckinkle said...

Awww Shaz, what a lucky little Princess you have! Such a beautiful make for her new grown up room!

Look forward to seeing your next makes!

Keryn x

Morti said...

Lovely work Shaz - no wonder she wants more of those cushions!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh wow, this is sweet and beautiful, Chloe is one lucky girl, of course she is!!! Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Ros said...

Oh my Shaz ... this is so pretty ... I love it ... thanks so much for playing along at CCCB

Minxy said...

Aw how frickin adorable, My inner shabby chic is shouting I want it lol

Unknown said...

WOW.. This is soooo beautiful. I just love it!! That crochet trim is just lovely.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

cnelson said...

Wow! Absolutely GORGEOUS! LOVE this in EVERY way! Thank you so much for playing along with CCCB!